I don’t recall adding a feature for actual users in a long time. It seems like everything they’ve built lately is serving everyone except the core user base. Look at the list:
- Yet another web redesign (this is user facing, however, they didn’t really add any new functionality, just rearranged it)
- A new half-baked version of TweetDeck
- t.co (benefits Twitter and their advertiser customers)
- Brand pages (benefits brands)
- Tweet buttons and embedded tweets (marginal end user value, big value for content providers)
- New DM permissions (tweak to existing functionality)
- Picture hosting (OK, I’ll give you that one, though it is copied from ecosystem)
Meanwhile, the following are untouched:
- Full search history, or even semi-recent history. If it’s older than a few days, it’s effectively gone.
- Global filters (so I can hide those damn foursquare checkins and still follow the interesting people that for some reason continue to post them)
- Lists are still half-assed and buried
- Favorites are buried
- There’s no way to see what someone’s feed would look like if you followed them
- Scheduled tweets
- Multi-user support on web site
- More sane DM rules (like letting people that you DM reply, or a per-list setting)
None of these things alter the core simplicity of the service, but would make actually using it a lot more pleasant.
What are your Twitter feature requests?